Monday 18 June 2012

Bigger and Better Things

finally after many people asking me to do bigger paintings I did it! My largest painting to date. 90cm x 120cm. Quite impressive for me actually. Most of my paintings have been quite small so this was a pretty huge undertaking for me. As per usual there was no planning involved. I purchased the canvas, took out my black Posca and went for it. Once drawn I then spent every night painting until it was done. This painting and the many similar that I have done are the forests or jungles of my imagination. No, you won't find these creatures all together in reality but you do in my mind and therefore you do on my canvases. Just like all of my paintings, I am happy that I have finished it and hopefully it has sold already but it's time to move on to the next. Selling my paintings enables me to buy materials to keep going and this is what I am going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment