Saturday 12 May 2012

The Need For Pattern

I happily paint my cats and busy paintings but then all of a sudden I have the urge for pattern. I need pattern! I love doing patterns as much as I love color. This is when I have a break from the cats etc and do a highly patterned piece. Asian influenced patterns interest most as they seem to have a kind of flow about them. Anyway they say change is as good as a holiday and I never seem to get the holiday so I like to chop and change whenever I can.
My second Geisha. She was larger than my first and a collaboration between myself and a good friend Belinda Lalich. She actually drew the outline for this one and I did the rest, filling in the patterns etc. We like to work together and inspire each other. This piece has now been sold to another friend who I am sure will treasure her.
My first elephant. The patterns didn't seem to flow right for me but it sold instantly and I got more orders from this one. I really wasn't happy with this but then again, I never seem to be happy with my art.

Another scene one just like my earlier paintings. I love doing these ones. Sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment